Friday, November 11, 2011

it's that time of year

I was just thinking back to last year at this time, when I cooked a turkey and had given the dogs all the dark meat.  not all at one time, but chopped up into their food.  I then took the 2 breasts and sat for about an hour (while watching tv) shredding them into small pieces in a bowl, so I could make enchiladas and turkey pot pie (two of my favorites when I get tired of turkey sandwiches - if that's possible).  when I was done I got up, leaving the bowl full of turkey on the back of the sofa and went to wash my hands.  now... under normal circumstances, this would not have been a big deal.  I have left a steak sitting on a plate on the sofa so I could go get something else and come back to find it still sitting there.  louie and ella are both SO good at not stealing food, it didn't even occur to me.  that ella was on steroids.  that make her ravenous.  that make her stand in the kitchen looking like she's figuring out how to open the refrigerator.  needless to say, in the 1.2 minutes I was gone, the entire bowl was licked clean and she was back on the floor looking like she was starving and ready for more.  I couldn't punish her, I didn't see it happen, and it COULD have been louie.  to this day I STILL don't know for sure it was her.  except I do.  so I cooked a turkey yesterday and gave them some dark meat in their bowls, cut the rest of the meat off the carcass and put everything in the refrigerator.  if she's figured out how to open the door I'm in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment