Monday, November 14, 2011

you know it's cold...

you know it's cold when your dog is standing in front of you looking like she's smoking because you can see her breath... and you're inside.  it's 52 degrees in my house and definitely time to turn the heater on.  I've noticed how louie and ella are sleeping a LOT closer to me at night, and it's toasty warm when I'm in bed.  325 pounds of additional body heat is very comforting, but also hard to move when they get there first.  I still "trick" them with "let's go outside" to get them off the bed so I can get in and claim my own space first, but they manage to take over anyway.  I wake up in weird positions trying to jockey for position while sleeping.  love them!  this photo was taken at ellen's when we stayed there last year in the queen sized bed.  having a king isn't MUCH better.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon - I've just discovered your doggie blog and I love it! (I found a reference to your blog on a stamping/card making blog).

    I see you haven't posted since November and I hope everything is well with you and your puppies.

    Strangely enough I have been a cat person all my life but since I've turned 60 I'm having this yearning for a dog - especially a big one. Unfortunately (or fortunately...) my husband is not interested!

    I hope you will continue to tell stories of Louie and Ella, I think they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! I just seen the photos of you and Ella in my Patty's Stamping Spot email! She is SOOO beautiful! I also wish to offer my condolences for your dear Louie!

    I grew up a dog person until my dear Rottweiler was stolen, then too sad to get another dog I eventually got a cat. I definitely am a natural cat person more than I ever was a dog. Then I met my boyfriend and his lovely English Mastiff named Sissy! I love her to death! Drool and all! lol Between me, my boyfriend, my 3 cats, his 1 cat, AND the english mastiff our king size bed is definitely NOT enough! lol

    I wish you the best and give Ella a big hug for me! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete