Sunday, March 27, 2011

oh hail!

as we've established, louie is pretty, but isn't especially intelligent.  ella is also gorgeous and tends to stand back and observe before committing herself.  when I open the sliding glass door, louie is out as quick as possible, sometimes not clearing it completely, causing me to cringe when the door starts to wobble in its tracks.  ella usually requires a little encouragement before getting up and going out.  the other day it was really pouring and then I noticed a change in the sound of the rain, so I got up to see how hard it was really raining.  louie of course came with me and thought it also meant that he should go out.  I saw the hail coming down pretty hard and shook my head and told him "no, you don't really want to go out in that".  he of course didn't answer but still looked longingly at the outdoors, so I opened the door and he went tearing out.  he got about 6 feet out the door when he started making these jerky head moves and blinking really quickly and was being pummeled by hail.  of course his first instinct was not to come back in, but to go out further into the yard to see if he could get away from the hail there.  I wish I'd had a video camera, his moves were really funny.  ella got up to see what was going on, but stood at the doorway with me and just watched as her "brother" made a fool out of himself yet again.

1 comment:

  1. Love the stories... keep 'em coming... your babies are too cute :)
    Patty

    ReplyDelete