Sunday, April 10, 2011

my fault

when ella was a puppy, I thought it was a brilliant idea to have her sleep on the bed with me.  if she had to go potty, she'd jump off the bed, which would wake me up, and I'd take her outside.  it worked wonderfully, and the hardwood floors were spared the puppy puddles.  I did the same when louie came along.  what I didn't think about was that as they grew and still slept on the bed, the queen size mattress wasn't big enough for all of us any more.  after many nights waking up clinging to the edge of the bed, I finally broke down and bought a king sized bed.  they still crowd me, but I finally started claiming a little part of the bed just for me and stopped curving around to accomodate them.  I cheat by saying "let's go outside" and when they jump off the bed, I dive in and spread out so I get some of the covers.  this is the queen sized bed at my sisters house that we "share" when we visit.  not a lot of sleep going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment